Belarusian State Academy of Aviation
The educational establishment Belarusian State Academy of Aviation was founded on October 1, 1974 as Minsk Civil Aviation Technical School. On April 1, 2015 the educational establishment was transferred into Belarusian State Academy of Aviation (hereinafter referred to as BSAA), subordinated since 2016 directly to the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Belarus.
At the moment BSAA is one of the leading educational establishments of the Republic of Belarus on training specialists of aviation industry. The Academy provides training on 7 specialties of the first degree of higher education, on 3 specialties of secondary special education, 2 specialties of the second degree of higher education (master's degree), 1 specialty of postgraduate studies, as well as Preparatory courses, Institute of Professional Development and Retraining are opened at BSAA.
The educational process is organized on the basis of practice-oriented training of cadets at “Belavia”, Minsk Civil Aviation Plant № 407, Orsha Aircraft Repair Plant, Minsk National Airport, 558 Aviation Repair Plant and other enterprises of aviation industry including the active assistance of the Department of Aviation of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Belarus. Forms of interaction with the real sector of the economy that have proved to be effective are the creation of department branches and the organization of internships.
At present BSAA has more than 1500 students and 2 faculties: the Faculty of Civil Aviation and the Military Faculty. There are about 70 highly qualified lecturers working in 12 departments of the academy. During its existence over 12000 specialists have been trained. Nowadays the academy has 3 academic buildings, a scientific research laboratory, and 2 comfortable student hostels.
The academy's library has over 545 thousand books, and there is a subscription to scientific journals. The library's Electronic Catalogue, Digital Library and other databases are available to users both through the local computer network of the Academy and via Internet. The library also provides access to Internet resources and full-text databases of educational and scientific editions.
BSAA has its own publishing center, which provides the publication of educational, scientific, and popular scientific, practical and reference literature; production of forms and other printed products. It publishes a scientific-practical journal “Aviatsionnyi Vestnik”, which is included in the list of editions of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Republic of Belarus for publication of dissertational researches on technical sciences.
BSAA develops the following directions of research and innovation activities:
- improving the organization of air traffic and the use of airspace;
- implementation of CNS/ATM and GNSS systems and facilities;
- regulation of airworthiness, aircraft maintenance and repair activities;
- regulation of aviation specialists' training activities
- aviation security, flight safety and their provision;
- harmonization of aviation legislation with international Standards and Recommended Practices;
- civil aviation certification and registration;
- search and rescue support of civil aviation flights;
- regulation and enforcement of unmanned aerial vehicle activities.
- improvement of air transport process and its coordination with other modes of transport.
International scientific conferences are held at the Academy:
- BSAA international correspondence scientific-practical conference Aviation: history, modernity, perspectives of development ;
- International scientific conference BSAA Actual problems and perspectives of aviation development;
- Young science of the Academy;
BSAA actively maintains and builds scientific and educational relations with partner establishments from the neighboring countries. The list includes: Kazan National Research Technical University named after A.N. Tupolev -KAI (Kazan, Russian Federation), Ulyanovsk Institute of Civil Aviation named after Chief Marshal of Aviation B.P. Bugayev (Ulyanovsk, Russian Federation), Transport and Communications Institute (Riga, Latvia), National Aviation University Flight Academy (Kropivnitsky, Ukraine), Tajik Technical University named after academician M.S. Osimi (Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan), Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation (Moscow. Russian Federation), etc.
Address: 77 Uborevicha str., 220096, Minsk,
Phone: +375 17 3964302
+37533 3050174 (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram)